Dynamo Electric Audio
There are still new sounds to discover.
Dynamo Electric Audio Inc. was established in 2016 as a vehicle to connect musicians with sounds that are both new and inspiring to play, with one major rule: NO CLONING. Not even a little bit of cloning.
Every product with the Dynamo Electric Audio nameplate has not only been made with the highest quality components available, but is a completely new design (to the best of our knowledge). New designs beget new sounds, and every new sound offers an opportunity to find the tone that gives you the strongest connection with your instrument.
THE CENTURY OF PROGRESS DISTORTION MODELER
- COMING VERY VERY SOON - SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER FOR UPDATES! -
One thing is for sure, this is not a one trick pony pedal. Listen to this quick montage of different tones from the Century of Progress (all using the same amp settings, same guitar pickups, with no other variables changed).
Outside of the controlled analytical environment above, take a listen to the more extreme ranges this pedal is capable of when used with some different amps and guitars.
[BLUES MONTAGE] (Short breakdown section with some tinny sounds)
[INDIE ROCK MONTAGE] (Short breakdown with some fuzzed out broken sounds)
[CLASSIC ROCK MONTAGE]
- TONE FINDER - We were sick of how the tone knob on most pedals usually has one sweet spot, and the rest of the range is worthless. We wanted to go all out and design something new that had usable and exciting tones all the way around the knob. After 35 different prototypes and feedback from guitarists with an obsession over tone, we settled on the circuit topology, corner frequencies, and sonic coloring we thought would be most useful for this pedal. And so was born the Dynamo Tone Tilt circuit, making its debut in the Century Of Progress pedal, and it's here to shatter your preconceived notions about what a tone knob can do.
- CHOKE CIRCUIT - Lower the supply voltage to the first two gain stages on the fly with the choke knob. Turn it down a bit for a brown sound. Turn it further down for a choking fuzzed out sound. Choke also DOESN'T lower the voltage on the Tone Knob, so you can still sculpt your choked out sound with the same amount of control you'd have with it all the way up.
- INPUT KNOB - Originally added to accommodate different input levels, we realized that by changing the input impedance, this knob also changes the tone of passive pickups considerably. Using this in conjunction with the Drive knob can offer a number of unique sounding combinations that give the pedal an entirely different soul at its core.
- TREBLE BOOSTER - Originally an idea for its own pedal, we came up with a new design for a treble booster and stuffed it into the Century of Progress instead. Not an EQ boost, and not really a treble boost either, this is an animal of a different color.
- FUZZ FINDER - Want some 60s sounding fuzzy sustain added to your current sound? This three position knob offers the natural sound, one with some fuzzy sustain added, and one with a lot of fuzzy sustain added.
- There's sounds this pedal can make that we haven't even heard yet. Even assuming each knob only has 3 discrete positions and not the continuous control they do have, that's 486 possible tone combinations (excluding the volume knob positions, which can also change your tone depending on if you're driving your amp directly after the pedal.)
- Designed to accept 9V-18V. (Although we think 12V sounds better than 18V, and the Choke knob range is optimized for those input voltages.) For a number of reasons, we didn't include an internal battery holder, but if you're a battery sort of person, check out these 9V Battery Adapters at Sweetwater!
- No-Pop True Bypass Switch - When it's off, it's invisible.
- Hand Wired and Hand Soldered Through-Hole Components. The highest quality available. No board mounted knobs or buttons, so stomp away all you want.
- Guaranteed Quality: Each pedal is playtested and compared to the original models by the original designer before being approved for sale.
- Lifetime Warranty - If something stops working on your pedal, send it in to us and we'll fix it or replace it free of charge.